Here are my top Christmas cleaning tips to prepare your home for the hectic holiday period:
- Clean all your glassware so you’re ready to serve those Christmas drinks. Soak glasses for 30 minutes in hot water mixed with half a cup of white vinegar. Wash with detergent, rinse well and dry with a soft cloth to avoid water stains.
- Spruce up your silver cutlery. Line a tray with aluminium foil and pour in a mixture of boiling water, a tablespoon of baking soda, one of salt and half a cup of white vinegar. Immerse your silver and watch the tarnishing disappear.
- Clear out the fridge and freezer. Make space for all your festive food and give the inside of your fridge-freezer a proper clean. To keep it smelling fresh, put a small bowl of whole and ground coffee beans in a tub and place it in the back of the fridge.
- Wash the windows. Before you hang sparkly lights around the windows, give them a good wash. Start by taking down curtains or blinds to be cleaned and scrub the window panes. Then clean the glass with warm water mixed with lemon or vinegar, a cloth and a squeegee.
- Launder guest bedding and towels. If you’re having family and friends to visit over the holidays, wash and dry all their linen and towels in advance. Make sure everything is bone dry and has room to breathe before storing it away to avoid musty smells.
- Deep clean your bathrooms. Lots of Christmas guests means many visitors in the bathrooms, so give yours a thorough deep-clean. Clear your medicine cabinets out, scrub grouting, tiles and fittings and pour a mix of water, vinegar and baking soda down the drains.
- Wash floors and rugs. Winter can mean a lot of dirty boots so give your rugs and floors a good beating, vacuum, wash and polish before the holidays start.
- Tackle the kitchen. All those big family meals, hot pies and sweet cookies means the kitchen will probably see a lot of action in December. So, start by giving it a deep clean at the beginning of the month. Clean out cabinets and draws, scrub stove tops, grates, surfaces and don’t forget the oven.
- Organize trash. Clear any build up of recycling, bleach trash cans and make sure that you stock up on bin liners before the holiday begins.
- Make your porch welcoming. Create a festive first impression by sweeping and cleaning your porch. Don’t forget to polish door knobs, wash any door glass and add festive touches like holiday swags.
- Clean living areas. You’ll probably spend a lot of time relaxing in the living room with family over the holidays, so clean sofas and cushion covers and dust thoroughly. Fill the room with decorations and add festive scented candles.
We’re offering a Winter cleaning special from now until Dec. 23rd. Get 6 hours of cleaning for $250 (reg. $350).
Also, have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? Why not give the gift of a clean home to your overworked loved one?
THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT!
Call us at 805-698-3132 to order a gift certificate.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM @Cleaningbyrosie
About Rosie’s Cleaning Service: Rosie’s Cleaning Service has been the Santa Barbara cleaning experts since 1990. Services include residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, after party cleaning, post-construction clean-up service, and vacation rental clean-up service. Visit the website at www.cleaningbyrosie.com to download a complimentary copy of the PDF, “The Top 10 Reasons Customers Choose Rosie’s Cleaning.” “Like” the Facebook page to receive Santa Barbara cleaning tips. Call 805-698-3132 for a quick quote on Santa Barbara maid service.